Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring morning at Black Creek

i was sitting on the front porch a few minutes ago, drinking a cup of fresh fair trade coffee, just seeing.
i could see black creek 100 yards away. i could see almost fully bloomed dogwoods. i could see the wind in the movement of the branches. i could see new growth on the sweet gums and oaks.
i could hear the calls of at least 10 different bird species. two good little dogs were at my feet, hoping for another taste of coffee.
i thought to myself, what else could a man want other than You, Jesus. what peace came with that thought. how could a man be blessed more than me? my bride at work. two strong, hard-working sons and a strong, hard-working son-in-law. a daughter that no dad can match. a granddaughter whose smile and reach for her pappy bring a smile just at the thought. a daughter-in-law who is expecting our second grandchild.
but He is first. without Him, all these good things become just things, for all good comes from Him.
thank you, Father.

2 comments:

  1. So beautifully thought and phrased. I, too, am blessed for all the same reasons switching out a hard-working husband for the wife at work of course. But I must add in the blessed consistency of the barges and tugs that bring solace to my existence in this hectic world. I love my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love ya'll! I'm so glad you got a blog. You have really interesting thoughts haha. :)

    ReplyDelete